Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

Alright, so.... I am a bit behind in the blogging world, but it's hard keeping up with the craziness of life that has been going on. Get excited, sit back, relax, and enjoy some (hopefully entertaining reads).

Easter weekend took me back to Martha's Vineyard. It was a MUCH needed break from school and a MUCH needed break from the world of Boston. Before I can begin the events of the weekend, I think it is essential to explain the week prior...

A student in one of my sections had recently been having several issues with outbursts of anger, frustration, and disrespect (read as: he was being a complete punk). One day in class, he was being the most annoying creature ever. He was tapping his pen, drawing in his book, slamming his chair, moving his desk, blah blah blah. I told him an exuberant number of times to STOP. No, no, no, that would be too simple. He chose instead to stick his face in his book while reading and play drums on his desk. After class I told him the next day he would only receive one warning and then get a JUG. This was much to his dislike and he clearly had no problem telling me so... mister smarty pants mouthed off to me, but whatever, I was over it. Clearly, however, he was definitely NOT.

The next day in class, he would not sit down. He was arguing with his "friend" Harry over who sat where. I said to them "you little brats, work out your issues later, sit down, and shut up". Ok, so maybe it didn't happen quite like that, but I wish it had. Bottom line, he still would not listen, so I warned him, he turned, yelled "WHAT? That's so unfair, this is bull", threw his book at my feet, turned around, and according to everyone else's understanding, but luckily not heard to my little ears, said "F***ing B**ch"... Awesome. Glad I could help. The kid got suspended.

That being said, I took off on Thursday afternoon for Martha's Vineyard. The sun was shining, the weekend was supposed to be glorious, and I had a backpack full of work that I could finally sit down to work on. I had an awesome time, again, with Colleen and her family. We sat outside in the sun, had lunch outside, I went for some runs, I had my traditional night at the bars with her son.... awkward. I am beginning to feel out of place in the bars we go to. I dress for the fancy bars that I want to go to downtown, where the boys where button-ups and boat shoes. That's more my type. As evidenced by my clothes consisting of: a J-Crew ruffled shirt, a sweater, and my Tory Burch shoes.... hmmmm... Didn't find any of this at the bar we were at. And, don't worry, for all you out there wondering, I did indeed get to be the designated driver, yet again.

All in all, it was a fun, relaxing weekend. Beautiful weather, good company, and I got lots of work done, surprisingly. I can't wait to take Mom there in May! The shopping downtown looks amazing!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment