Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February Snow

While the weather has certainly been cold lately, I have been slightly disappointed by the lack of snow. Last week, school was cancelled on Wednesday in anticipation of a major snowstorm that was supposed to hit Boston... only the snow never came. (Not complaining though - I enjoyed the day off of school) I wasn't holding out much hope when the weatherman said snow was supposed to hit Boston on Tuesday (yesterday), except I awoke yesterday to a dusting of snow on the ground and some serious snow still falling. I quickly went for a run before the ground was too covered to get a good run in, and it was so pretty outside (minus the pelting snow that was hitting my face because of the wind). Throughout the morning the snow just kept coming... the sidewalks were slowly disappearing and it was coming down hard and fast. I had to venture to the post-office yesterday, and all I can say, is it was a good thing I had some red rain boots!! It was really pretty outside and I think overall there was about 4 inches. Not as much as I thought there would be, but a good enough amount!

The parking lot outside my apartment building...





There was one sad, traumatic moment yesterday despite the beautiful snow. A few years back I bought the CUTEST orange stripped umbrella at Banana Republic on sale in San Diego when I was there visiting Kelly. The umbrella has served me well and been a trusty partner through the treacherous rain storms that flash out of nowhere. I was also so proud of my little orange umbrella because it never flipped inside out in the wind... it was a great little guy. Then, two weeks ago, my first Monday back, we had the most obnoxious, dreadful, and insane rain storm. It was windy, rainy, and made for some miserable weather. Poor little orange struggled in the storm and had a few problems - but I didn't think the problems were extensive until yesterday when I went to use trusty orange in the snow.... I opened it up, and look what I was left with :( It was a sad day... and now I need a new umbrella!!



Last night, I did get the opportunity to go meet Don Delisi for dinner in Cambridge. He is in Boston for the day and flew in last night. I was a little nervous his flight might get cancelled because of the snow, but he made it in, and I took the bus to meet him at a great little Tex-Mex restaurant, Border Cafe. It was so fun to see him and he is so great to talk to!! This weekend I am off to Martha's Vineyard to stay with Colleen Patrick, Mom's friend from Yakima. I am really excited to go and I will post pictures when I get back on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment